10-Minute Marketing: Update your LinkedIn profile
Many of us probably haven’t looked at our LinkedIn profile since we created it. However since its gain in popularity, it’s a good idea to get reacquainted with LinkedIn and spruce up your profile.
A few things to keep an eye out for:
- Headline: Does it accurately state what you do? (keep relevant keywords in mind)
- Skills: Can you add or delete any? (again, keeping keywords in mind)
- Headshot: Do you have one? Should it be updated?
- Posts: Have you written a recent blog post that your network would be interested in? Here’s how to publish it on your LinkedIn profile.
- Summary: Does it speak to your target audience and how you can help them? Should you update your work samples?
- Recommendations: Are they recent? If not, reach out to recent clients for recommendations. Here’s a how-to.
- Organizations: Update to include new memberships or delete old ones.
- Groups: Delete those that are no longer of interest or relevant.
This week’s 10-Minute Marketing task:
Tidy up your LinkedIn profile.
10-Minute Marketing is a weekly series featuring short, easy-to-accomplish marketing tasks. Follow along with past posts here.