Year-end wrap up
photo by ttcopley
is coming to a close and, in my quest for organization, I’m inspired by articles such as 10 things to Do Before the New Year
(from Web Worker Daily
Personally, I always do year-end organizing for my small business— it just feels right to start off the new year at least slightly more organized than you left the last one. My current routine includes the following….
- Designing my 2010 Quick Peek Calendar to send to friends and clients.
- Filing paperwork into project folders—or the recycle bin
- Sorting and filing project samples—setting aside samples to enter into design competitions
- Reconciling final bank statements
- Filing financial statements and receipts—creating new folders for next year
- Preparing and mailing client invoices
- Paying bills
- Cleaning up the email inbox
- Assessing needs for office supplies or equipment could be purchased this year
- Making end-of-year donations to my favorite nonprofit organizations
How are you spending the last few days of the year? Share your ideas!